Tuesday, June 3, 8:30 AM till 12:00 PM
Managing Agile in Government - An Informed Discussion
Have you wondered what it takes to bring the benefit of agile development practices into your organization or team? Are you having problems with agile adoption? Is your customer or contracted vendor asking you for more agile approaches?
This is an excellent opportunity for executives and managers to discuss the challenges of managing agile development and acquisition in a small group setting with world-class experts. The session will include breakfast, a leveling overview of agile principles, and a general conversation among the participants, enhanced by the distinguished group of experienced management and technical experts from academia, government and industry.
Host: Dr. Art Pyster, Distinguished Research Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology and Chief Operating Officer, Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC)
Ms. Suzanne Miller, Principle Researcher, Software Engineering Institute
Dr. Richard Turner, Distinguished Service Professor, Stevens Institute
Agile Management and Technical Experts:
- Mr. Jabe Bloom, President and Principle Consultant, Coherent Insight
- Prof. Barry Boehm, Chief Scientist, SERC and TRW Professor of Computer Science, University of Southern California
- Mr. Dave Chesebrough, President, AFEI
- Dr. Wilson Felder, Former Director, FAA Technical Center and Professor, School of Systems and Enterprises, Stevens Institute
- Mr. John Foreman, Fellow, Software Engineering Institute
- Mr. Brian Gallagher, VP, CACI
- Ms. Mary Ann Lapham, Principal Engineer, Software Engineering Institute
- Mr. Steven Messenger, Chairman, DSDM Consortium
- Mr. J. J. Sutherland, Chief Content Officer, Scrum, Inc.
- Government executives and managers
- Industry executives and managers
Attendance at this session is limited, so register early, and indicate your desire to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Agile For Government Boot Camp
Dr. Suzette S. Johnson, PMP, CSP, CSC
Certified (Agile) Scrum Coach
NGIS Technical Fellow and Chair of the Northrop Grumman Agile CoP
This workshop provides a scenario approach as the participants walk through the phases of agile planning, estimating, and reporting. The participants play an active role in discussing team formation and agile engineering practices beginning with the receipt of customer needs and a few high-level capabilities through an iteration retrospective.